Travel insurance isn’t a great investment for every trip. A road trip to Grandma’s house probably doesn’t need to be insured – unless your road trip takes you coast to coast. Likewise, a couple planning a weekend getaway close to home probably won’t need it. Anybody traveling abroad or more than 100 miles from home should consider travel insurance as a serious investment.
Travel insurance coverage examples:
- Cruise insurance
- Vacation home rentals
- Baggage – for lost, stolen, or damaged items
- Trip interruption
- Cancel for any reason
Here’s some reasons why you should consider travel insurance:
- Are you traveling abroad or more than 100 miles away from home?
- Are you hyper-aware of the cost of your travel arrangements?
- Are you concerned an injury or illness of you or a loved one may affect your trip?
- Are you traveling during a heightened risk of severe weather, like the holidays or hurricane season?
- Does your trip include prepaid home rentals, car rentals or event tickets?
Buying a plan is a smart move if you are feeling cautious about the cost of your trip, possible illness or injury of you or a loved one, or potential weather-related cancellations or interruption. Travel insurance can add an extra level of protection if you are traveling with any children. In most cases, children can be added to a plan without any additional cost to the premium. Whether your trip is short or extended, we can find a plan to cover you and your companions.
When considering a plan, take inventory of the components of your trip. Pre-paid vacation home rentals, car rentals, and event tickets are more unconventional items to insure, yet they can be costly if forfeited due to an unexpected circumstance. If these costs are added into the total pre-paid cost of the trip, a comprehensive travel insurance plan could protect you if your trip should be cancelled or interrupted.
Click here to obtain a quote, or to get more information. You can also give us a call 203.834.5900, send an email firstname.lastname@example.org, or chat below. We would love to hear from you!